Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Personal Statement-1 : Seeing is Saying

I think people do not communicate only by mouth. Oral dictation is just one of ways to explain opinions. People can use other parts of body, like a sign language, to communicate something. I believe the eyes, especially, is one of the most important parts of the body language. It is because the eye is the core of facial expression and it always shows meaning. For me, the eyes are like the mouth without the sound. But if you look very carefully, eyes are a super blabber, a serious gossiper, very noisy and never tell a lie.

If the eyes are another mouth, then which parts of the body that people use to listen something? Of course we have a good device named ears, but I believe that the eyes also good stuff to listen of what people really want to say. It is largely because when people listen something carefully, they usually make some kind of eye contact to each other. Moreover people who live in the era of the internet receive a lot of information through the eyes.

In a nutshell, I strongly believe that an eye is the biggest window to see something, to say something, to listen something and to feel something. I want to study the way the eyes work in terms how it can say and listen to people and I hope to redefine the meaning of eyes in my own way.


No comments: