Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Personal Statement-3 : Making people gather together

I am very interested in making people gather together and keeping stay together as much as possible. This idea came partly from my previous job background. During last six years I've worked for an advertising agency and I've managed so many ad campaigns. Every time I create an advertisement, I thought that “who really want to see this advertising”, “who want to spend their time for reading this print commercial very carefully”. Of course some people need to listen very carefully. But I believe that almost all people had to see advertising because it was there. As you know, like you could see a great many commercials at Time Square in NYC. Who indeed want to spend their time to give their attention to a whole advertisement?

The biggest reason is that a lot of advertisement just focused on what clients wanted to say and didn’t try to solve the basic problems of advertisement. In this reason, a lot of advertising agencies just increase a quantity of commercial advertising, not only TV-commercial but also newspaper print, poster, and not to mention bus shelter ad, in order to be seen an audience as much as possible. And as time goes by, they became a visual pollution more day by day. This represents how selfish an advertisement is.

Every thing needs the reason of being, but in my opinion, a lot of things surround us, include commercials, had been showing over the transom. I want to make people move by them selves. I want to make people see something, feel something, and enjoy something involuntarily. I want to make people pay attention more than two seconds without any pushing. This is the basic reason why I am very interested in gathering people together. It is because there is no gathering without concern.

No comments: